Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blog Activity for 8/24/07

1) Wal-Mart has a relatively low number of stores in China, and can afford to expand.

2) This issue is important because Wal-Mart has a store in just about every town in America, and has almost saturated American markets with Wal-Marts. However, they have a relatively low amount of stores in China, and all of those stores are packed with customers. This topic is in need for investigation because I want to know why Wal-Mart does not have more stores in China. This could be that they have not been in China long enough to build more stores, or maybe the communist government won't let them build more stores. I would like to figure out why this is the case.

3) If I could find out why there are not more Wal-Marts in China, I would have a better understanding of the impact and effects Wal-Mart is having on China and it's citizens. If I find out why there aren't more stores there, it will give me a better understanding on if it is the government or if it is the customers who feel that having more stores is a bad idea. My hypothesis is that it is a mix between the fact that Wal-Mart has not had enough time to build more stores, and that the government might not want them to build more stores as the answer to my question.

No comments: